This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

new installation of PMU Connection Tester

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I recently installed the PMU Connection Tester and tried to open it. An error message appeared part of which said that a screen shot and temporary log file for the error could not be made. I have copied and pasted the part of the error message that I thought was pertinent. I tried reinstalling it but it still give the same error message except that the file it is trying to access in C:\Program Files (x86)\PMU Connection Tester\ is different

examples of file names that the program could not open

ne355bz2.tmp

tysotpdz.tmp

hkelucyl.tmp

I went to the file location where the program was looking for the files and could not find these files present in the folder so i suspect that the inability to access them is simply due to the lack of there presence. If so where do i find them or do I need them at all.

Application Domain:    PMUConnectionTester.exe
Assembly Codebase:     c:/program files (x86)/pmu connection tester/pmuconnectiontester.exe
Assembly Full Name:    PMUConnectionTester, Version=4.3.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly Version:      4.3.6.0
Assembly Build Date:   10/10/2012 7:41:36 AM
.Net Runtime Version:  4.0.30319.269

Exception Source:      mscorlib
Exception Type:        System.UnauthorizedAccessException
Exception Message:     Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PMU Connection Tester\1tcujcdu.tmp' is denied.
Exception Target Site: WinIOError

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Edited Oct 11, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Try right clicking on the connection tester exe and selecting "run as administrator" - looks like it's trying to update the config file.

Should only have to do that once...

I'll add the missing key fix this in a few minutes...

Ritchie

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:06 AM

FYI - new build posted. This should correct this issue - thanks for the quick catch!

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Thank you that solved the error popup