This version of the connection tester was released with openPDC 1.5 SP1 and openPDC 2.0 BETA.This application requires that .NET 4.0 already be installed on your system.Note this is the last release of the PMU Connection Tester that will built on .NET 4.0 using the TVA Code Library and the Time-series Framework. Future releases of the PMU Connection Tester will be built on .NET 4.5 (or later) using the Grid Solutions Framework (GSF). If you want to use or browse protocol source code, please download the GSF source code and look for the GSF.PhasorProtocols project.
Improvements and operational fixes to the UTK F-NET, BPA PDCstream and Macrodyne protocols as well as fixes for various digital fault recorders and power quality meters - these changes are inherited from the openPDC 1.5 SP1 official release
For more details, see closed items in PMU Connection Tester Issue Tracker
and openPDC Issue Tracker
as well as check-in history for the following related projects:
Other recent improvements include:
As of 4.3.10, includes protocol support for IEC 61850-90-5, Macrodyne-G with INI file support and improved UDP "receive from" capability when using multicast connections.
Includes updates to allow selection of a specific network interface when using a TCP or UDP socket as well as allowing specification of a multicast source IP for multicast subscriptions that require this. Additionally users now have the ability to specify a receive from IP filter for UDP broadcasts (when multiple broadcast are being sent to the same endpoint) and a new feature to allow control of whether or not to keep the command channel open when a data channel and command channel is defined.
As of 4.2.12, includes updates to Macrodyne protocol as well as other bug fixes specific to the connection tester.
Includes support for BPA Phasor Data File Format files (i.e., .DST files) for replay (from updates in v4.2.8).
Use the following steps to enable playback from a .DST file:
- Select the File tab under the Connection Parameters section.
- Click the Browse button.
- Select BPA Phasor Data Files (*.dst) from the file types pick list (bottom right).
- Browse to the desired .DST file to playback.
- Verify that the selected protocol is BPA PDCstream.
- Click on the Extra Parameters tab.
- Verify that UsePhasorDataFileFormat is set to True.
- Select the ConfigurationFileName field and click the elipse "..." button (far right).
- Browse to the .INI file associated with the previously selected .DST file.
- Click the Protocol tab to close the Extra Parameters tab.
- Click Connect.